- Family Behaviour Support Kit
- Learn, Explore, Grow - Fun and Enriching Experiences for Children and Families Book
Learn Explore Grow — Fun and Enriching Experiences for children and families is a wonderful collection of learning experiences for families to explore and share at home.
These activities have been developed by a team of highly qualified early childhood/primary education experts. They are based on the latest research around child development and playful teaching and learning in the early years.
Some of the activities have been designed for parents/families to play and learn together with their child, while others give children the opportunity to gain independence, learn and discover while parents observe.
Each activity includes children’s learning, what parents can do, key prompts and ideal questions as well as the resources that are required.
The activities cover:
- Exploring the World
- Social, Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Creative Development
- Daily Routines
Individual Family Behaviour Support Kit
We know a child’s early years bring unlimited joy but also lots of challenges for parents as they develop, grow and explore who they are and the world around them.
From birth, children are learning how to manage their emotions, and follow the behavioural norms of the world they live in.
Each stage they go through brings with it new milestones, behaviours and moments of delight.
That’s why we’ve developed The Family Behaviour Support Kit – to support parents at home in helping their children to understand and manage these changing emotions and teach them how to communicate their needs in an appropriate way.
The Family Behaviour Support Kit includes:
- A number of useful printed charts and tools focused on emotions, routines and calming down strategies.
- Detailed guide to step you through how to use each resource with your child.
- Picture cards and a first and then chart to show visually what a child should do first and then (e.g. First we go to the toilet, then we wash our hands. First, we make our bed, then we go and play). This resource is particularly useful in supporting parents to get their children to do those ‘tricky’ or ‘not fun’ tasks!
Hear what families have to say about the Family Behaviour Support Kit: